Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Hunt for Red.. Sweater :)


If you truly think you know me, you'd know that I would rather wait 6+ months to buy something, and save money on it (finding it at a thrift store) than to waste money unnecessarily on something because I can't wait for it. I once waited a years worth of waiting until I finally found a king-size yellow duvet cover. :)

So, that leads into my latest find. I've been searching for a red sweater for 3-4 months, and just the other day, when Jason and I went on our first thrift storing trip together, I found an awesome red sweater that met all my criteria, 


Criteria:
1. Cherry or dark cherry red
2. MUST have one of the following: ruffles, flowers, embellishments or something girly/feminine
3. Long sleeves
4. Good condition
5. Good fit (not a deal-breaker)

The one I found with him met 4/5 of them...and then Jason talked me out of it. True, it was two sizes two sizes too big, but I'm getting pretty good at tailoring/taking in blouses and sweaters. So yeah, I've been kicking myself ever since. So I went back two days later, looking for it, and found this one!

So... now all I have to do is alter it!

It's a miracle!!

Now, all I have to do is to alter it!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment