Friday, August 23, 2013

Projects - Mama Mia!

So my mom came up to visit for  couple days, and one thing you've gotta know about my mom, she's a slavedriver... in a good way.  Whenever she comes up to visit, she's like a bloodhound for projects. She won't be happy unless she's helping finish undone projects, tidying up, cleaning out something. She's like that at home too, it drive my dad crazy, but I like it! It's probably, because he's around it all the time and I get it small doses.



 
 



 My moms motto is "get it done while you're thinking about it and don't put it off for later". She got her motto from her mother, who taught her to work hard and not procrastinate and she is working hard, both on life's to-do list and in passing that legacy on to me.

 



 
 


In the two days she was here, we: cleaned out and packed up the office, moved out all the furniture including two large desks into the garage that i had wanted to sell on craigslist, Finished the chair cushion upholstering project, painted my table base, stained the table top, and finished the office.
 
 Look out for posts to come on my table project and chairs project, and the before and afters of my dinning room and office!!
 
 
 
 


The other thing that she and I like to do is called "putzing around". This usually involves going to thrift stores, Ross, IKEA, and other assorted stores and just generally window shopping and thrift store shopping and having a good time. Then we come back to the house and do fashion show, to rediscover and enjoy all the things that we purchased that day. We usually go out for lunch too. 
 
  
  
This time we did just that. We started out going to IKEA, then to the Goodwill pound store, then to lunch at Mod pizza and Menchies for dessert, and last but not least Target, Ace Hardware, and the scary thrift shop (because I talk about it a lot and she wanted to see it for herself). 
 
 
If you haven't tried or seen my last post on Mod Pizza, read here.

 
 
 
 
  
So we had a full couple of days of putzing around, doing projects, watching movies and going in the hot tub. It was pretty exhausting. I've spent all of today just recuperating from all the projects that we did, but also trying to plan new projects to start on next.
 
 

 

 
It probably would've taken me several weeks to accomplish what she and I did in just two days. I think I will make a list of future projects to have around so that when she is here the next time we can simply look at that list in case there aren't any obvious projects that need doing. For better or for worse she is often times the voice in my head and sometimes the voice in real life urging me to work hard, to get projects done, and to look back with satisfaction on jobs well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment